This poster highlights all necessary steps to land suitability evaluation at commune level:
1. Establish provincial and communal core teams
2. Develop goal, objectives, and work plan for commune land use planning
3. Collect secondary data including socio-economic, rainfall, aerial photo/ satellite image map, soil classification, forestry, agronomic and environmental aspects.
4. Build capacity for core teams on techniques and steps of land evaluation
5. Commune land use class and current land use map
6. Participatory land suitability evaluation
7. Soil quality analysis in laboratory
8. Suitability matrix and maps
9. Reflect presentation key finding to local people
10. Identify land use options and recommend for future land use.