From its origins as a small group of committed wildlife enthusiasts, WWF has grown into one of the world's largest and most respected independent conservation organizations – supported by 5 million people and active in over 100 countries on five continents.
WWF-Cambodia is looking for qualified candidates for the position as GIS and Data Management Officer based in Phnom Penh, Cambodia.
A. Summary of Major Responsibilities
- Design and produce maps for Cambodia projects, ensuring copyright citation are detailed on material produced, according to brand and WWF network standards.
- Ensure a systematic filing system is in place for field and GIS data, with regular (monthly) back-up to an independent storage device, following network standards.
- Ensure copyright and citation are detailed on material produced (maps, photographs etc.)
- Work closely with the MIST & Field Data management officer to coordinate sharing, storage and production of GIS-based material.
- Provide technical advise to the Landscape GIS/MIST data management officer and capacity building to field staff on subject related to data management and the use of high technology equipment, e.g. ne software, GIS, etc.
- Ensure project teams are aware of data availability; including aquatic and wildlife survey data (field photos, tracks/signs, transect, and camera trap photos), geographical data (wetlands, rivers, streams, ponds, watershed, vegetation, etc.), community survey data (human population and density, local livelihoods status, land use, administrative boundaries, etc.).
- Lead in the development and implementation of the applications of the INVEST tool for ecosystem services valuation.
- In cooperation with other project members, organise meetings, workshops, study tours and training courses and facilitate workshops, discussions and consultations with communities and stakeholders under the projects as required.
- Work with data users to analyse the information, to identify trends and to ensure the results are in a format that allows them to be used for programme management decision making.
- Monitor issues and trends in related fields, and topics and issues relevant to Cambodia Programme. Keep up-to-date with the work of other organizations and companies working on related issues.
- Travel to projects areas as required to ensure delivery of GIS and data management requirements.
- Develop, maintain and produce database of all technical reports, presentation, maps, data and information, pictures produced by the Cambodia Programme as well as list of organisations and companies working in related fields, related products, etc.
- Assist in Forest Cover Baseline Establishment and Forest Quality Monitoring – quality check, metadata completion and oversight of all data provided to GLOBIL database, and GMP Forest Monitoring Web Application.
- Assist in the maintenance of the GMP Forest Monitoring web application on GLOBIL.
- Lead in the development and implementation of new data management systems when required (e.g. WWF / ADB Regional Open Data Project)
- Responsible for the coordination with all GMP country data users to analyse the information, to identify trends and to ensure the results are in a format that allows them to be used for programme management decision making.
- Ensure to share GIS related tools, knowledge from network with GMP GIS country team, while liaising with WWF network resources.
- Assist in preparing and carrying out training and workshop at regional
B. Required Qualifications And Skills
- At least bachelor degree in Geography or equivalent in GIS and mapping. Master degree in Geography is a plus.
- At least 3-5 years practical experience in data management, map design and production; and monitoring and evaluation, Experience in data collection, analysis and synthesis and preparation of strategic information for decision makers, Experience in writing reports and reviews, delivering presentation and defending recommendations and Experience of working in multi-cultural environment and NGO.
- Very good skills in use of Arcview, ArcGIS, ArcGIS Online, ERDAS Imagine, MIST database and MIST GIS, MS Word, MS Access, MS Excel, MS Power Point; Adobe Photoshop, Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, Fluency in written and spoken English and native language, Knowledge of WWF’s PPMS is an advantage, Coaching and capacity building/development and Report writing
Adhere to WWF’s values: Knowledgeable, Optimistic, Determined and Engaging. For detailed job description, please visit the Employment page of http://cambodia.panda.org.
How to apply?
Email a cover letter with your salary expectation and CV via email address: email@example.com with the subject line: GIS and Data Management Officer. Please download full job description (JD) in the Download section on the right of this webpage.
Salary and Benefits: Salary plus 13th Month salary, Medical Allowance, Provident Fund, Severance pay, Group health insurance, Accident insurance, life insurance etc.
If you have any question, please contact to WWF-Cambodia, #21, Street 322, Sangkat Beng Keng Kang I, Khan Chamkarmon, Phnom Penh or call us: 023 218 034 (extension: 118)
Deadline for applications: 04 February 2018
WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.