Regional Technical Advisor for Social Development for Conservation (SD4C) and Civil Society Organization (CSO) Engagement
WWF-Greater Mekong is seeking an experienced Technical Advisor for Social Development for Conservation (SD4C) and Civil Society Organization (CSO) Engagement who will lead technical aspects of Social Development and CSO engagement and will coordinate WWF GM’s Sida/Danida funded projects and CSO-related programmes. The Technical Advisor will be the Social Development for Conservation focal point and provide guidance to the Country Offices in mainstreaming, monitoring and reporting on WWF International’s social policies and Social Development Action Plan. S/he will lead the engagement and facilitation of knowledge and information exchange from the Greater Mekong across to WWF network and partners on social development and CSO engagement as well as interact actively with the Asia/Pacific SD4C hub.
Base location: Phnom Penh, Cambodia or Hanoi, Vietnam
- Degree in humanities social science, or international development studies;
- At least 10 years of experience in social development project/programme/policy and advocacy work, including strengthening of civil society at local and national levels;
- Track record in terms of experience in linking environmental issues with social development issues will be an advantage;
- Excellent understanding of political, environmental and social contexts in Cambodia, Laos, Myanmar, Thailand or Vietnam will be an advantage;
- Experience with organizational development and changes processes;
- Familiar with results-based management and general monitoring and evaluation practices;
- Excellent understanding of development partnerships, fundraising, donor strategies, functions and international relations;
- Strategic and innovative thinking
- Presentation, communications, public speaking and negotiation
- Networking and interpersonal skills
Detailed Job Description for this position can be found at WWF’s website www.panda.org under Jobs.
Interested candidates should email a cover letter and curriculum vitae in English to firstname.lastname@example.org by 15 December 2016
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted.
“WWF is an equal opportunity employer and committed to having a diverse workforce.”